Sunday, May 1, 2011

STROKE AWARENESS MONTH

May is Stroke Awareness Month (As declared by George Bush in 1989)
Celebration! Throw the confetti up in the air and dance!

The face of stroke is you and me. Remember, anyone can get a stroke and up to 80% can be prevented.
It has officially been 6 months since I had my own stroke so today is my own stroke birthday. Happy birthday ischemic stroke, you didn't get the best of me!

Shout out to Liza who's also celebrating her 1 year strokiversary! Here's to health and being better and stronger with each passing day!

Today's Stroke Tip:
Women may report different unique stroke symptoms than men:
  • sudden face and limb pain
  • sudden hiccups
  • sudden nausea
  • sudden general weakness
  • sudden chest pain
  • sudden shortness of breath
  • sudden palpitations

No comments:

Post a Comment