Thursday, February 14, 2013

Even Celebrities Get Stroke Scares

I was searching for stroke news when I came across this article from Australia about Jessica Alba's stroke scare. She said:

"The 31-year-old beauty told 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!': 'My whole arm was numb, and then I got a cold sensation from the back of my neck up to the front. And then I was like, 'I think I can't move my face.''


She was checked out and apparently, the doctor said:

"...you had all the signs of a stroke if you were much older."

This is pretty infuriating to me. Again, we all know that stroke can hit you at ANY AGE. The doctor shouldn't have told her that she had the signs if you were much older.  She had the signs then and was absolutely right to rush on over to the hospital to get checked out. Thankfully, she had the signs of carpal tunnels syndrome but the point is that she had enough sense to get checked out. 

Come on news media, you're better than this. Don't make the generalization that strokes are for older people. They are lucky I can't comment on this article otherwise I would have given them a piece of what remains of my mind :)

Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day!




2 comments:

  1. At age 35 the people in the hospital thought I had done drugs. I look younger than my age, so a stroke didn't cross their minds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have same experiences.I was asked am I a heavy drinker or do drugs, I said no, I don't even do cigarrettes.. I was also 20 weeks pregnand, so all those questions were quite insulting.. :S

    ReplyDelete